This Is A Guest Blog Post
Working from home can be a wonderful experience considering that you do not have to attend meetings, do not have to constantly see your boss, dress up for work, drive or commute to work and even wake up so early in the morning. Yet, those who work from home know that there are also downfalls to working at home and not in an office, due to the constant distractions. If you will be working outside the office, it will better if you consider renting out a space outside your home to stay productive without sacrificing your personal life.
The Drawbacks Of Working At Home
Working from home has become a trend in the U.S, especially during unpredictable economic times and more businesses find that a more flexible approach to work is essential. In fact, many businesses have their operations online to make it easier for employees to work outside an office through the computer. However, without a proper workplace, employees can sometimes find it difficult to be productive as working at home can make it difficult to maintain perspective and balance. Though having to dress up in the morning to go to work can be quite tiring, working at home in your bathroom surrounded by your children or a nagging wife, can be a huge distraction and it can greatly affect your work. Here are some drawbacks to working at home that can take you away from your responsibilities -
- Accessibility of the television
- The scent of your wife's delicious cooking
- The noise of your wife's or housekeeper's vacuuming
- The crying and laughter of your adorable baby
- Your bed's comfort
- Sudden errands that your wife wants you to do
- Constant eating due to the accessibility of the kitchen
Secluded, Private And Quiet
The best solution to such a dilemma that many work at home workers have, is to consider renting a storage unit and turn it into an office. It will not feel like a typical office, but it will also not feel like a home office with plenty of distractions around. Your home is just not designed to assist you with your business obligations and it is too comfortable to work in. You do need comfort, but the comfort you get at home is not the same as a comfortable working space. When you have a secluded, private and quiet storage unit office, you can get an invaluable measure of structure to your work.
How You Benefit From A Storage Office
When you establish an office outside your home, you gain a remote workplace with the necessary structural cues for a better work ethic. These cues establish a healthy balance that you need between work and home. Here are some benefits of having a storage office -
- Cheaper cost than having to rent an office space or apartment space to turn into an office
- Privacy and security
- You establish a concrete work schedule
- Maintain healthy work practices
- Plenty of room to move around without encountering any distractions
- Gain productivity through focus and concentration
- Eliminates the constant distractions from family members who do not understand your work
What You Need In Your New Office
Here are a few things your new office must have -
- A comfortable chair
- Small functional desk
- Organizational system
- Sufficient light source
- Computer and a reliable WiFi service
- A calendar and accurate clock
- Personal effects (pictures, plants, small decorations)
This Has been a Guest Blog Post By:
Valerie East, who is a home based business owner and a freelance writer specializing in space management.
She offers tips on how to maximize unused spaces and utilizing storage spaces for work related purposes.
Learn more about the different storage spaces that can be transformed into an office.
License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://mrg.bz/sMXHXQ